International online conference – 22 December 2022
VII. SESCO Conference
⁞ Conference topics
Current affairs of security and defence policy and various sovereignty-related issues. The roles of state and non-state actors in cooperation and conflict; concerns of territorial, political and economic integrity of states and regions; safety and well being of people. Current issues of security threats, neighbourhood policies, violence and terrorism.
This interdisciplinary meeting welcomes presentations of research on security studies, international relations, political science, law, history, economics and cross-border cooperation topics. The conference is supported by the Institute for Cultural Relations Policy (ICRP), Kodolányi János University (KJU) and the International Alliance for Cultural Relations (IACR). Its aim is to serve as a meeting point to facilitate the public exposure of the perspectives and interests of different communities, governments, international organisations, NGOs, businesses, scholars, thinkers and common citizens.
⁞ Programme summary
The conference consist of keynote lectures by diplomats and leading experts in the field of security policy and international relations; presentations of guest speakers and Q&A sessions. The submitted and confirmed papers will be published online. The main language of the conference is English.
⁞ Conference themes
(Possible directions may include, but are not restricted to, the following)
Global challenges and regional security; national security and defence policies, military strategies; security organisations; conflict transformation and conflict resolution; cyber security; economic issues; energy security; cross-border crime, counter-terrorism; immigration; self-determination; territorial sovereignty; financial sovereignty; separatism, ethnic minority issues; diaspora policies and interstate relations.
⁞ Conference presentations
The conference will be organised in a format of an online academic meeting. The event will comprise of live key-note speeches and pre-recorded video presentations.
⁞ Benefits of attending
• Opportunity to present individual and group researches within an online international forum and collaborate with experts from around the world;
• Conference papers and abstracts are peer-reviewed by members of ICRP international Advisory Board;
• Published papers in electronic format (proceedings available online);
• Get in touch with different views and new approaches;
• A chance to promote own research work by presenting it to relevant people and organisations (decision-makers, diplomats and experts);
• To get more knowledge about recent developments and new challenges in security policy.
⁞ Registration and application
How to register for participation (listeners)?
Register by filling out the participant’s registration form online. Deadline of submission: 21 December 2022.
How to apply for paper presentation (speakers)?
The application is a two-step procedure that includes the submission of the speaker’s application form and sending the video presentation. Deadline of submission: 18 December, 2022. Authors will be notified of acceptance or rejection within 2 working days after submission of abstracts.
⁞ Important dates & times
Deadline for application of speakers: 17 December 2022
Deadline for registration of listeners: 21 December 2022
The conference: held on 22 December 2022, 12:00-17:00 CET
Deadline for submitting final paper: 1 March 2023
Final schedule of lectures and presentations will be disseminated to participants later.
Submitted abstracts will be evaluated by an international reviewing committee.
Authors will be notified of conditional acceptance or rejection in 2 working days after submission
Event organised by the Institute for Cultural Relations Policy in cooperation with
Kodolányi University Budapest and the International Alliance for Cultural Relations
The event targets a broad spectrum of undergraduate, PhD student, candidate,
lecturer and researcher participants, recognising the multidisciplinarity of
research in security studies and other related disciplines
• Deadlines for publishing: the abstracts sent upon registration will be included in the Booklet of Abstracts published for the conference. The full paper will be published online on the event’s webpage (if paper received by final deadline 1 March 2023).
• Co-authors and groups: Presentations and papers made by more than one authors are also welcomed.
• Online presentation: The ICRP invites young researchers and experts to submit their abstracts and video presentations to promote their own research in the areas of international cooperation and security issues. Due to the global travel restrictions, this year’s conference will be held online. The event will consist of 3 key-note experts’ live presentations and two sessions of speakers with video presentations. Those willing to participate in the conference as speaker should record a video presentation summarizing their paper on one of the conference topics. A conclusive list of the topics is presented on the ICRP’s website. Video presentation should be up to 15 minutes and should cover material in a comprehensible way. The recorded videos will be broadcasted during the conference on ZOOM and will be made available for the wider audience later.
• Language: The conference language is English. No translation services will be available.
⁞ Abstracts and oral presentation
• Papers are invited on the topics outlined and others falling within the scope of the meeting. Abstracts of no more than 3,000 characters. Abstracts should clearly state the purpose, results and conclusions of the work to be described in the final paper.
• Paper of no more than 40,000 characters. Abstracts should be uploaded through the online application form (or sent by e-mail at the following e-mail address:firstname.lastname@example.org)
• 15 minutes for presentation.
• Use Microsoft PowerPoint or Prezi for your presentation.
• Author guidelines: Language: British English; Font type and size: Times New Roman – size 12; editable file (.doc, .rtf, .odt); recommended length: 20,000 – 40,000 characters; Harvard Citation System (see: http://libweb.anglia.ac.uk/referencing/harvard.htm). Figures, illustrations, tables are allowed.
⁞ Links and downloads
Find the Event on Facebook: https://fb.me/e/22BiyQ3MA
Conference website: http://culturalrelations.org/portfolio/sesco2022
⁞ Fees and charges
The event is free for both speakers and listeners.
Partners and contributors